The school is situated in the Laakkwartier/Spoorwijk district, part of an urban plan designed by H.P. Berlage in 1908. It is part of an ensemble of school situated around a big open space mostly used as sport facility.
In the Hague the same urban setting like this is used for schools en sport facilities. In this urban typology an open axis with two symmetrical schools on both sides is standard. To respect this typology the mass of the newly designed school responds to the mass of the monumental school, designed by J.M. Luthmann (1930). Like a twinschool, but then symmetrical.